Testing of MkII Clarke-Brayton Engine Yields Excellent Results

After many months and modifications to get the engine running smoothly we are finally getting great data!  Not only is the data itself high-quality but they are showing that the engine is performing excellently.  I wish I could present the detailed data, but unfortunately it is still confidential, but here is a chart of pressure vs. crank angle of all three cylinders with the units removed from the axes:

Crank Angle vs. Pressure in the MkII Clarke-Brayton Engine. The circles and triangles are every 5th data point taken from running the engine. The solid lines are the predicted results from the computer simulation.

Crank Angle vs. Pressure in the MkII Clarke-Brayton Engine. The circles and triangles are every 5th data point taken from running the engine. The solid lines are the predicted results from the computer simulation.

We’ve run the engine for up to 30 minutes continuously at full-power.  We’ve learned that the engine is in fact extremely efficient, cooling the engine is not nearly as big of a challenge as we thought it might be and that we can improve even further on our current design.

Since the beginning of the MkII project in October 2013 we have spent just $800k covering ALL expenses.  I’d like to see any other engine company be so cash-efficient! If we can accomplish this much with so few resources, just imagine what we will do when we raise significant funds and engage with world-class strategic partners.

Here’s a video from one of our longer-duration test runs.